Clara and her guardian Svarog is one of the characters in Honkai Star Rail that you can obtain from the Standard Banner. She is a unique character because she has a counter mechanism every time she receives attacks from enemies. This makes her appear like a tank character that is difficult to kill.
However, the reality is quite the opposite. Clara is actually a DPS character with very high physical damage. The only difference is that while typical DPS characters deal damage through proactive attacks, Clara’s best damage comes when she receives attacks and counters.
Although her playstyle is unique and unconventional, she is one of the characters that is friendly to F2P or free to play players. You can get her best light cone from standard banner, or if you don’t have it yet you can use the one from Simulated Universe: On the Fall of an Aeon.
Best Light Cones
The best Light Cone for Clara is undoubtedly “Something Irreplaceable,” which is specifically designed for her. However, since this five-star Light Cone can only be obtained through Gacha, you may need to look for alternative options listed below:
- Something Irreplaceable: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 24/28/32/36/40%. When the wearer defeats an enemy or is hit, immediately restores HP equal to 8/9/10/11/12% of the wearer’s ATK. At the same time, the wearer’s DMG is increased by 24/28/32/36/40% until the end of their next turn. This effect cannot stack and can only trigger 1 time per turn.
- On the Fall of an Aeon: Whenever the wearer attacks, their ATK is increased by 8/10/12/14/16% in this battle, up to 4 time(s). When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on enemies, the wearer’s DMG increases by 12/15/18/21/24% for 2 turn(s).
- Nowhere to Run: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 24/30/36/42/48%. Whenever the wearer defeats an enemy, they restore HP equal to 12/15/18/21/24% of their ATK.
- A Secret Vow: Increases DMG dealt by the wearer by 20/25/30/35/40%. The wearer also deals an extra 20/25/30/35/40% of DMG to enemies with a higher HP percentage than the wearer.
- Under the Blue Sky: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 16/20/24/28/32%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, the wearer’s CRIT Rate increases by 12/15/18/21/24% for 3 turn(s).
- The Moles Welcome You: For every Basic ATK, Skill, and Ultimate used by the wearer, the wearer gains one stack of Mischievous. Each stack increases the wearer’s ATK by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Clara Best Relic and Planar Ornament
Clara is Physical DPS soyour first pick will be Champion of Streetwise Boxing from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Jabbing Punch in Belobog.
|Champion of Streetwise Boxing
|(2) Increases Physical DMG by 10%.
(4) After the wearer attacks or is hit, their ATK increases by 5% for the rest of the battle. This effect can stack up to 5 time(s).
For Planar Ornament, you can use Inert Salsotto from Herta Simulated Universe World 6.
|(2) Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 8%. When the wearer’s current CRIT Rate reaches 50% or higher, the wearer’s Ultimate and follow-up attack DMG increases by 15%.
And here’s recommended stats for each piece of relic and ornament:
Best Team for Clara
For starter team, assuming you got Clara from 50 roll Departure Warp you can go with all-free characters from the game with other member: Fire Trailblazer as tank, Clara as DPS, Dan Heng as sub dps, and Natasha as healer.
Mono Physical Team
This is option after you get Silverwolf. You can go team with mostly physical member with Clara and Sushang as DPS, Silverwolf as debuffer, and Natasha as healer. I currently building this team for her.
The main idea is stacking as many buff as possible to Clara with Tingyun and Bronya while reducing enemy defense with Pela. Another “safer” option is with the same party, but replace Pela with March 7 for her shield which will also increase chance of Clara getting attacked, means more counter damage.
Follow Up Team With Topaz as Support/Sub DPS
Team with Topaz as follow up attack support both for Clara and Topaz. Other 2 slots can be filled with debuffer and healer.
Other alternative, add Jing Yuan to the team for fully comitting to follow up attack.