Silver Wolf is unique character in Honkai Star Rail. As a Nihility character, she can apply various random debuffs to enemies. However, what sets her apart is her ability to add a new weakness to enemies.
This ability not only makes her very powerful but also highly versatile, allowing her to fit into many different team compositions especially team with three other member consisting of the same element.
Moreover, being a single-target character, she is particularly well-suited for boss fight.
Best Light Cones
Although Silver Wolf is very powerful, most of her debuff effects are not guaranteed to land 100%. For this reason, when choosing light cones and relic, one of your priority is to get Effect Hit Rate to increase chance for her debuff to land.
The good news is that you have several options for Light Cones to choose from.
- Incessant Rain: Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 24/28/32/36/40%. When the wearer deals DMG to an enemy that currently has 3 or more debuffs, increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/14/16/18/20%. After the wearer uses their Basic ATK, Skill, or Ultimate, there is a 100% base chance to implant Aether Code on a random target that does not yet have it and was hit by the ability. Targets with Aether Code receive 12/14/16/18/20% increased DMG for 1 turn.
- Before the Tutorial Mission Starts: Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 20/25/30/35/40%. When the wearer attacks DEF-reduced enemies, regenerates 4/5/6/7/8 Energy.
- Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat: When the wearer hits an enemy and if the hit enemy is not already Ensnared, then there is a 60/70/80/90/100% base chance to Ensnare the hit enemy. Ensnared enemies’ DEF decreases by 12/13/14/15/16% for 1 turn(s).
- In the Name of the World: Increases the wearer’s DMG to debuffed enemies by 24/28/32/36/40%. When the wearer uses their Skill, the Effect Hit Rate for this attack increases by 18/21/24/27/30%, and ATK increases by 24/28/32/36/40%.
- Good Night and Sleep Well: For every debuff the target enemy has, the DMG dealt by the wearer increases by 12/15/18/21/24%, stacking up to 3 time(s). This effect also applies to DoT.
Relic and Planar Ornament
Silver Wolf is Quantum type character so Genius of Brilliant Stars from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Providence in Everwinter Hill, Jarilo-VI is the best choice for her.
|4 Genius of Brilliant Stars||(2) Increases Quantum DMG by 10%.|
(4) When the wearer deals DMG to the target enemy, ignores 10% DEF. If the target enemy has Quantum Weakness, the wearer additionally ignores 10% DEF.
For Planar Ornament, you can use either Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise from Herta Simulated Universe, World 5 which increase Silver Wolf Effect Hit Rate.
|Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise||(2) Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 10%. Meanwhile, the wearer’s ATK increases by an amount that is equal to 25% of the current Effect Hit Rate, up to a maximum of 25%.|
|Body||Feet||Planar Sphere||Link Rope|
|Effect Hit Rate||SPD/ATK||Quantum DMG||Energy Regeneration/Break Effect|
|Effect Hit Rate > Speed > Break Effect|
Team for Silver Wolf?
Silver Wolf is a character that inflicts additional weaknesses on enemies based on the element of one of your team members. This allows her to fit into almost any type of team composition.
However, it’s recommend use Silver Wolf with three other characters who share the same element. The reason for this is to ensure the consistency of her Skill effects.
With three Ice characters, for instance, you are guaranteed to trigger the creation of the Ice weakness on the enemy. Otherwise, there is a possibility that you might create a weakness that matches the element of your less frequently attacking support, which could lead to less effective results.
Taking that into account, here’s some example of mono element team with Silver Wolf as debuffer:
How to Use Silver Wolf?
Playing Silver Wolf is also quite straightforward. When it’s her turn, decide which enemy you want to give a new weakness to or which enemy you want to defeat quickly.
After that, leave it to the other team members to attack the newly created weakness. You might do this every turn to different enemies. However, if not needed, save your Skill Points for other purposes. As usual, use her Ultimate when it’s ready, especially against important target enemies.