Seele is the first limited character introduced in Honkai Star Rail. As the first premium character, she is one of the most powerful characters in the game. Until new characters are introduced by Hoyoverse, her position as the strongest single target DPS most likely will stay for a while.
In essence, Seele is a single target DPS character. However, due to her unique mechanics, she can swiftly take down more than two enemies in a single round. Heck, she can take the entire mob all on her own.
Best Light Cones
The best Light Cone for Seele is undoubtedly “In The Night,” which is specifically tailored for her. But if you don’t have it, you can simply look for other Hunt light cone that provides bonuses to Attack or Critical stats as listed below:
- In the Night: Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 18/21/24/27/30%. While the wearer is in battle, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill is increased by 6/7/8/9/10% and the CRIT DMG of their Ultimate is increased by 12/14/16/18/20%. This effect can stack up to 6 time(s).
- Sleep Like the Dead: Increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 30/35/40/45/50%. When the wearer’s Basic ATK or Skill does not result in a CRIT Hit, increases their CRIT Rate by 36/42/48/54/60% for 1 turn(s). This effect can only trigger once every 3 turn(s).
- Swordplay: For each time the wearer hits the same target, DMG dealt increases by 8/10/12/14/16%, stacking up to 5 time(s). This effect will be dispelled when the wearer changes targets.
- Cruising in the Stellar Sea: Increases the wearer’s CRIT rate by 8/10/12/14/16%, and increases their CRIT rate against enemies with HP less than or equal to 50% by an extra 8/10/12/14/16%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, their ATK is increased by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 turn(s).
- River Flows in Spring: After entering battle, increases the wearer’s SPD by 8/9/10/11/12% and DMG by 12/15/18/21/24%. When the wearer takes DMG, this effect will disappear. This effect will resume after the end of the wearer’s next turn.
- Only Silence Remains: Increases ATK of its wearer by 16/20/24/28/32%. If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Relic and Planar Ornaments
Due to her high damage potential, Seele would certainly want to use Relics that enhance all the damage she deals. As a result, the stats you should be looking is Attack, Critical, and Quantum Damage.
When it comes to relic, Seele only choice is Genius of Brilliant Stars from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Providence in Everwinter Hill, Jarilo-VI.
|Genius of Brilliant Stars||(2) Increases Quantum DMG by 10%.|
(4) When the wearer deals DMG to the target enemy, ignores 10% DEF. If the target enemy has Quantum Weakness, the wearer additionally ignores 10% DEF.
OR, if you can also mix it with 2 Musketeer of Wild Wheat until you can get proper 4 Genius of Brilliant Stars.
|2 Genius of Brilliant Stars + 2 Musketeer of Wild Wheat||(2) Increases Quantum DMG by 10%.|
(2) ATK increases by 12%
For planar ornaments, you can either go for Space Sealing Station from Herta Simulated Universe World 3:
|Space Sealing Station||(2) Increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s ATK increases by an extra 12%.|
Or Talia Kingdom of Banditry from Herta Simulated Universe World 4:
|Talia Kingdom of Banditry||(2) Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 145 or higher, the wearer’s Break effect increases by an extra 20%.|
With following substats:
|Body||Feet||Planar Sphere||Link Rope|
|Crit Rate > Crit DMG > ATK% > Speed|
Team for Seele?
Seele wants to play alongside characters who provide her with Attack or Speed buffs. It’s even better if you can give her the Advance Forward effect. That’s why Bronya is always a suitable character to accompany Seele. However, if you don’t have her, you can bring Asta or Tingyun, especially if you have the Dance Dance Dance Light Cone.
For the remaining slot, you can consider adding sustain. If you need protection, you can bring Gepard if you have it, or Trailblazer (Fire). And if healing is needed, Bailu or Natasha can be good choices.
F2P Starter Team
F2P team with free characters from the game. Fire Trailblazer as tank, Asta as speed buffer, and Natasha or Bailu as healer
Hypercarry team with Bronya and Tingyun as buffer. For last slot you can use Debuffer like Pela, tank, or healer.
Another option coming soon. If we really get Lynx who is Quantum healer in the next patch, we can create Full Quantum party with Silver Wolf as debuffer. The party will be something like this: Seele as DPS, Qingque as sub dps?, Lynx as healer, and Silver Wolf as debuffer.
How to use Seele?
Using Seele is actually not difficult. You want her to get as many turns as possible in one round. Identify which characters you can eliminate with her Skill. Then you can proceed with regular attacks or use the Skill again. When ready, use her Ultimate to gain an extra turn.
In short, you want to give as many kills as possible to Seele. The only thing to watch out for is Skill Points. Seele is a character that can potentially deplete your Skill Points on her own. Therefore, keep an eye on your Skill Point count and who else needs them.