Archon chaacter release is the most anticipated time in Genshin Impact, and today we finally have former Hydro archon Furina as new playable character.
With her release, Furina packs a lot of utility in her kit. She is Hydro buffer (scales by HP), damage dealer, hydro applicator, and healer.
The other good news about her, she have ability to drain ally HP which make it easier to work with fountaine HP drain mechanics in form of weapon or artifacts. Her appearance throw whole new possibility for team template and new fountaine usage which require HP drain mechanics.
Elemental Skill With Pneuma and Ousia Alignment
Her skill have different effect depend on her alignment, easy to switch with Charged Attack.
- Elemental Skill with Pneuma alignment will summon 1 familiar (Singer of Many Waters) who will heal nearby active characters based on Max HP at intervals.
- Ousia will summon 3 salon members who will attack and deal hydro damage to enemy while increasing ATK and draining characters HP (and ally) above 50%. More HP drained = higher ATK for her salon members. For this reason, you need to quick and reliable healer like Jean or Baizhu to keep all allies HP above 50% or preferably full.
IF Furina switching alignment after using elemental skill, her pet will changes based on her new switched alignment, inheriting remaining duration. Her skill also allow her to walk on water with 100% uptime: 30s active duration and 20s skill cooldown.
About Fanfare Stacks
Furina HP drain mechanics allow her to empower team damage with her burst. Her burst will cause party member to enter Universal Revelry state.
During this time, when nearby party members’ HP increases or decreases, 1 Fanfare point will be granted to Furina for each percentage point of their Max HP by which their HP changes. Max 300 fanfare stacks at C0 and 400 stacks at C1.
You can tell fanfare stacking higher by looking at the bottom of your screen after Furina using her burst. Sometimes “audience” of her stage will popped up, 3 audience at the lowest and more audience with higher stacks.
Fanfare Stacks provide a team wide damage bonus and incoming healing bonus buff, and the buffs per stack scale with Furina Talent level. For reference:
- Furina C0 Talent level 10 every 1% HP change is equivalent to 0.25% damage bonus and 0.1% incoming healing bonus.
- Max stacks (300) reach up to 75% damage bonus and 30% incoming healing bonus.
When burst duration ends, all stacks will be cleared and you will have to re-accumulate fanfare stacks. For this reason, having reliable healer with 100% burst uptime in every rotation is a must.
Some healers that comes to mind: Jean, Yaoyao, Baizhu, Mika, Noelle (she can heal while dealing damage), and Kokomi (need to burst and spam normal ATK for few seconds for team wide healing).
|Drain HP until 50% with Furina Ousia skill > Burst > Aoe Heal > Team HP increase decrease > Unga Bunga with your DPS > repeat|
Choosing weapon for Furina, you will want weapon with substats like Energy Recharge, CRIT Rate, CRIT DMG, and HP.
Best weapon for her definitely Splendor of Tranquil Waters, providing CRIT DMG and passive to increase elemental skill DMG and HP.
Energy Recharge weapon mainly 3 choice: old Festering Desire boost Furina elemental skill DMG and CRIT, Flauve Cendre is lite version of Festering Desire from fishing, and f2p friendly Favonius Sword.
For HP weapon, we have 2 contenders: 5 star Key of Khaj Nisut and 4 star Dockhand Assistant.
For CRIT Rate/CRIT DMG weapon, just throw any CRIT 5 star weapon you have:
4 Golden Troupe from Denouement of Sin domain in Fountaine is the best in slot for Furina.
|4 Golden Troupe||(2) Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 20%.|
(4) Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 25%. Additionally, when not on the field, Elemental Skill DMG will be further increased by 25%. This effect will be cleared 2s after taking the field.
As placeholder until you get proper 4 Golden Troupe, you can go with 4 Millelith:
|4 Tenacity of The Millelith||(2) HP Increased by 20%.|
(4) When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field
OR, mix and match following sets:
- 2 Heart of Depth/2 Nymph’s Dream (Hydro DMG Bonus +15%)
- 2 Vourukasha’s Glow/2 Tenacity of the Millelith (+20% HP)
- 2 Emblem of Severed Fate (Energy Recharge +20%)
- 2 Golden Troupe (Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 20%.)
|HP%/Energy Recharge%||HP%/Hydro DMG Bonus||CRIT Rate%/CRIT DMG%/HP%|
|Energy Recharge% > CRIT Rate > CRIT DMG > HP%|
Team for Furina?
Generally she can fit in any team that require hydro support character: Freeze team, fridge bloom, vaporize, and more. Just remember, always bring AoE healer with her. Some example:
Freeze team with Wrio as main dps
Freeze team with Ayaka as main dps
Freeze team with Ganyu as main dps
Neuvilette hydro pump team
Bloom hyperbloom team
Geo team with Noelle as dps and healer
Anemo team with Xiao as dps, he also able to drain his own HP
And more choice in the making. She literally can fit in any team where other hydro off field character like Yelan and Xingqiu shine. Just remember to always bring reliable healer. Cheers!