Asta is one of free characters provided in Honkai Star Rail. You will get her in the introduction of gacha system, and she is also one of the few fire-type characters that you can easily access.
Despite being a support character, she is capable of providing significant contributions to her team. As a Harmony character, Asta is undeniably helpful in providing buffs to the team. However, in addition to that, she is also a very effective breaker.
Best Light Cones for Asta
Asta can perform well without additional Attack stats. This is because her passive effect provides a bonus Attack based on the Attack of other characters. Therefore, light cone light cone that provides benefits to other characters taking priority.
- But the Battle Isn’t Over: Increases the wearer’s Energy Regeneration Rate by 10/12/14/16/18% and regenerates 1 Skill Point when the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally. This effect can be triggered after every 2 uses of the wearer’s Ultimate. When the wearer uses their Skill, the next ally taking action (except the wearer) deals 30/35/40/45/50% more DMG for 1 turn(s).
- Planetary Rendezvous: Upon battle entry, if an ally deals the same DMG Type as the wearer, DMG dealt increases by 12/15/18/21/24%.
- Dance! Dance! Dance!: When the wearer uses their Ultimate, all allies’ actions are Advanced Forward by 16/18/20/22/24%
- Carve the Moon, Weave the Clouds: At the start of the battle and whenever the wearer’s turn begins, one of the following effects is applied randomly: All allies’ ATK increases by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%, all allies’ CRIT DMG increases by 12/15/18/21/24%, or all allies’ Energy Regeneration Rate increases by 6/7.5/9/10.5/12%. The applied effect cannot be identical to the last effect applied, and will replace the previous effect. The applied effect will be removed when the wearer has been knocked down. Effects of the similar type cannot be stacked.
Best Relic and Planar Ornament
Asta will provide support to her teammates primarily through her Skill and Ultimate abilities. This means that the stats you give to Asta should aim to maximize her damage output. Therefore for the Relic stats she needs will standard DPS stats such as Attack, Critical, Fire Damage, and Energy Rate.
Her overall damage is not high but also not too low and it’s nice to add as extra punch in your team. Based on that there’s some choice when it comes to Asta relics and planar ornaments.
Prioritizing Damage: Fire Relic
IF you are prioritizing damage, you can go for Firesmith of Lava Forging from from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Conflagration in Stargazer Navalia, Xianzhou Luofu.
|Firesmith of Lava-Forging||(2) Increases Fire DMG by 10%.|
(4) Increases the wearer’s Skill DMG by 12%. After unleashing Ultimate, increases the wearer’s Fire DMG by 12% for next attack.
Everything about Asta is speed, and speed is what she will get. Recently Honkai Star Rail release a new relic set which focused on speed: Messenger Traversing Hackerspace which increase SPD for wearer and all allies.
You can get farm this relic set from Cavern of Corossion: Path of Elixir Seeker in Alchemy Comission, Xianqhuo Luofu.
|Messenger Traversing Hackerspace||(2) Increases SPD by 6%.|
(4) When the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally, SPD for all allies increases by 12% for 1 turn(s). This effect cannot be stacked.
For both Fire and SPEED build, you can go for Fleet of the Ageless planar set from Herta Simulated Universe World 3.
|Fleet of the Ageless||(2) Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases by 8%.|
Prioritizing Break Effect
If you want her to focus on breaking enemy shield, you can go for Thief of Shooting Meteor from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Jabbing Punch in Silvermane Guard Restricted Zone, Jarilo-VI.
|Thief of Shooting Meteor||(2) Increases Break Effect by 16%.|
(4) Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on an enemy, regenerates 3 Energy.
For planar ornament, use Talia Kingdom of Banditry from Herta Simulated Universe, World 4 which increase wearer break effect.
|Talia Kingdom of Banditry||(2) Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 145 or higher, the wearer’s Break effect increases by an extra 20%.|
Team for Asta?
The best team for Asta is a team that can take advantage of the Speed she provides from her Ultimate. From here, it’s evident that she will synergize well with Seele, who wants to take turns as quickly and as frequently as possible. Asta’s Attack stat will also help Seele deal more damage.
After that, you can play with one tank or healer. If you’re confident, you can replace the tank or healer with another support like TIngyun. If you don’t have Seele, you can always replace her with any other DPS character.
The only exception might be Clara, who doesn’t want to receive Speed at all.
How to use Asta?
Playing Asta is straightforward. Every time it’s her turn, she just needs to use her Skill. This is because the only way to get the maximum buff from Asta is by using that Skill. Then, of course, use her Ultimate when it’s ready to be used.
Since you’ll be using her Skill every turn, you should once again pay attention to your team composition. Make sure the other members of your party are not wasteful with Skill Points.