Sushang’s is single target Physical DPS in Honkai Star Rail. Her uniqueness lies in being one of the few Physical DPS characters available in Honkai Star Rail, with a specialization in single-target damage as The Hunt type. Playing Sushang requires an adaptable team and the ability to rotate characters effectively.
If you haven’t been fortunate enough to obtain strong DPS characters like Seele, Sushang can serve as a temporary alternative until you acquire a better DPS option. However, you need to form a suitable team around her as well.
Best Light Cones for Sushang
The main gameplay focus of Sushang revolves around Weakness Break, which occurs when you break an enemy’s toughness or white bar. However, since The Hunt’s Light Cones don’t center around that effect, you simply need to look for a Light Cone that increases damage.
Taking that into account, here’s some light cones for Sushang that you can use:
- In the Night: Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 18/21/24/27/30%. While the wearer is in battle, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill is increased by 6/7/8/9/10% and the CRIT DMG of their Ultimate is increased by 12/14/16/18/20%. This effect can stack up to 6 time(s).
- Swordplay: For each time the wearer hits the same target, DMG dealt increases by 8/10/12/14/16%, stacking up to 5 time(s). This effect will be dispelled when the wearer changes targets.
- Sleep Like the Dead: Increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 30/35/40/45/50%. When the wearer’s Basic ATK or Skill does not result in a CRIT Hit, increases their CRIT Rate by 36/42/48/54/60% for 1 turn(s). This effect can only trigger once every 3 turn(s).
- Cruising in the Stellar Sea: Increases the wearer’s CRIT rate by 8/10/12/14/16%, and increases their CRIT rate against enemies with HP less than or equal to 50% by an extra 8/10/12/14/16%. When the wearer defeats an enemy, their ATK is increased by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 turn(s).
- River Flows in Spring: After entering battle, increases the wearer’s SPD by 8/9/10/11/12% and DMG by 12/15/18/21/24%. When the wearer takes DMG, this effect will disappear. This effect will resume after the end of the wearer’s next turn.
- Only Silence Remains: Increases ATK of its wearer by 16/20/24/28/32%. If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Relic and Planar Ornament
For Sushang’s Relic, you’ll certainly need stats like Attack, Critical, and Speed. However, to make her skillset work effectively, you might also need a bit of Break Effect and Effect Hit Rate as well. This is to ensure that her talent and Skills function more consistently.
She is Physical damage dealer so your first choice will be Champion of Streetwise Boxing relic sets which can be obtained from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Jabbing Punch in in Silvermane Guard Restricted Zone, Jarilo-VI.
If you are still in early game and just arrived in Jarilo VI, you can bought this 4 star variant from merchant in Boulder Town using shield currency.
|Champion of Streetwise Boxing||(2) Increases Physical DMG by 10%.|
(4) After the wearer attacks or is hit, their ATK increases by 5% for the rest of the battle. This effect can stack up to 5 time(s).
For Planar Ornament, you can use Inert Salsotto from Herta Simulated Universe World 6.
|Inert Salsotto||(2) Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 8%. When the wearer’s current CRIT Rate reaches 50% or higher, the wearer’s Ultimate and follow-up attack DMG increases by 15%.|
With following stats:
|Body||Feet||Planar Sphere||Link Rope|
|CRIT Rate||Speed/ATK%||Physical DMG||ATK%|
|Crit DMG = CRIT Rate > ATK% > Speed|
Team for Sushang?
As I mentioned above, Sushang’s damage potential is only achieved when you perform Weakness Break or break the opponent’s Toughness. Of course, in one combat encounter, you will encounter more than one or two types of enemies. Sometimes, some enemies may not have weaknesses that match with Sushang.
Because of this, the best team for Sushang is one that can cover three or four elements. Youn can use her as breaker and sub dps in safe-regular party with healer and tank. For example:
F2P Team with Sushang as main DPS
For more solid team, in this case I will use Mono Physical as example. You can run Sushang as sub dps along with Clara as main dps, Natasha as healer, and Silver Wolf as debuffer. To put it simply, team with 3 Physical member and SW as ultimate debuffer.
Physical team with SW as debuffer
How to Use Sushang?
Playing Sushang is also not difficult. In almost every turn, you want to use her Skill. Always target enemies that have already suffered Weakness Break so that Sushang’s Skill can deal maximum damage.
Ideally, you want to have at least one enemy that has suffered Weakness Break in every turn.