Hook or Pitch-Dark Hook the Great! is 4 star character with fire element, following path of Destruction. Hook is single target damage dealer who relies on applying and maintaining burn damage over time to deal significant amount of damage.
Her skill: Hey! Remember Hook? deals fire damage and 100% base chance to apply burn for 2 turns. This skill also have enhanced version after using her ultimate: Boom! Here Comes the Fire!.
Your priority when using Hook will be getting as many enhanced skill as possible and maintaining Burn on enemies. When Hook attack enemy with afflicted with Burn, she deals bonus damage and recover 5 energy (talent).
Best Light Cones
Light cone is easy part for Hook. Her best light cones is 4 star light cone that can be obtained for free (I forgot whether it’s from story or region reward) and obtainable from Light Cone Manifest shop in Forgotten Hall: Woof! Walk Time.
- Woof! Walk Time (S5): Increases the wearer’s ATK by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%, and increases their DMG to enemies afflicted with Burn or Bleed by 16/20/24/28/32%. This also applies to DoT.
- On the Fall of an Aeon: Whenever the wearer attacks, their ATK is increased by 8/10/12/14/16% in this battle, up to 4 time(s). When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on enemies, the wearer’s DMG increases by 12/15/18/21/24% for 2 turn(s).
- Something Irreplaceable: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 24/28/32/36/40%. When the wearer defeats an enemy or is hit, immediately restores HP equal to 8/9/10/11/12% of the wearer’s ATK. At the same time, the wearer’s DMG is increased by 24/28/32/36/40% until the end of their next turn. This effect cannot stack and can only trigger 1 time per turn.
- A Secret Vow: Increases DMG dealt by the wearer by 20/25/30/35/40%. The wearer also deals an extra 20/25/30/35/40% of DMG to enemies with a higher HP percentage than the wearer.
- The Moles Welcome You: For every Basic ATK, Skill, and Ultimate used by the wearer, the wearer gains one stack of Mischievous. Each stack increases the wearer’s ATK by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Relic Sets and Planar Ornaments
Hook is fire dps, so Firesmith of Lava Forging your best choice. You can get this relics from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Conflagration in Stargazer Navalia, Xianzhou Luofu.
|4 Firesmith of Lava Forging||(2) Increases Fire DMG by 10%.|
(4) Increases the wearer’s Skill DMG by 12%. After unleashing Ultimate, increases the wearer’s Fire DMG by 12% for next attack.
As alternative, you can also go with 2 Firesmith + 2 Musketeer:
|2 Firesmith of Lava Forging + 2 Musketeer of Wild Wheat||(2) Increases Fire DMG by 10%.|
(2) ATK increases by 12%.
Or, 2 Firesmith + 2 Messenger:
|2 Firesmith of Lava Forging + 2 Messenger Traversing Hackerspace||(2) Increases Fire DMG by 10%.|
(2) Increases SPD by 12%.
For planar ornament, your choice will be limited to link on rope with set bonus that affect ATK or CRIT:
|Rutilant Arena||(2) Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 8%. When the wearer’s current CRIT Rate reaches 70% or higher, the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill DMG increase by 20%.|
|Space Sealing Station||(2) Increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s ATK increases by an extra 12%.|
|Inert Salsotto||(2) Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 8%. When the wearer’s current CRIT Rate reaches 50% or higher, the wearer’s Ultimate and follow-up attack DMG increases by 15%.|
Stats and Substats
|Body||Feet||Planar Sphere||Link Rope|
|CRIT Rate||Speed||Fire DMG||ATK%|
|CRIT Rate > CRIT DMG > Speed > ATK%|
Team for Hook?
First is F2P team for early story, assuming you get her from early gacha. You can use Hook with other free members as follow:
F2P early story team
Similiar team with Asta as speed buffer and Bailu as healer:
F2P early story team v2