Luka is another character released in the new patch of Honkai Star Rail aside of Kafka. He is a Nihility character with the Physical element.
Similar to the Kafka, Luka is a damage dealer who utilizes the mechanics of damage over time. This makes him potential candidate to be played alongside Kafka in your team.
Best Light Cones
When played alongside Kafka, Luka should ideally be facing enemies who have accumulated numerous debuffs. Take advantage of this mechanism by choosing a light cone that complements his abilities.
- Good Night and Sleep Well: For every debuff the target enemy has, the DMG dealt by the wearer increases by 12/15/18/21/24%, stacking up to 3 time(s). This effect also applies to DoT.
- In the Name of the World: Increases the wearer’s DMG to debuffed enemies by 24/28/32/36/40%. When the wearer uses their Skill, the Effect Hit Rate for this attack increases by 18/21/24/27/30%, and ATK increases by 24/28/32/36/40%.
- Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat: When the wearer hits an enemy and if the hit enemy is not already Ensnared, then there is a 60/70/80/90/100% base chance to Ensnare the hit enemy. Ensnared enemies’ DEF decreases by 12/13/14/15/16% for 1 turn(s).
- Eyes of the Prey: Increases Effect Hit Rate of its wearer by 20/25/30/35/40% and increases DoT by 24/30/36/42/48%.
- Fermata: Increases the Break Effect dealt by the wearer by 16/20/24/28/32%, and increases their DMG to enemies afflicted with Shock or Wind Shear by 16/20/24/28/32%. This also applies to DoT.
Relic and Planar Ornament
Luka’s damage over time effects cannot result in Critical Damage, so your focus when building him should be increasing Attack for maximum damage output. Additionally, prioritize Effect Hit Rate, Energy Regen Rate, and Speed to enhance his overall performance.
He is Physical damage dealer, so your only choice is only Champion of Streetwise Boxing relic sets which can be obtained from Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Jabbing Punch in in Silvermane Guard Restricted Zone, Jarilo-VI.
|Champion of Streetwise Boxing
|(2) Increases Physical DMG by 10%.
(4) After the wearer attacks or is hit, their ATK increases by 5% for the rest of the battle. This effect can stack up to 5 time(s).
For planar ornament, you can either go for Pan Galactic Commercial Enterprise from Herta Simulated Universe World 5 for it’s effect hit rate effect:
|Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise
|(2) Increases the wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 10%. Meanwhile, the wearer’s ATK increases by an amount that is equal to 25% of the current Effect Hit Rate, up to a maximum of 25%.
Or Space Sealing Station from Herta Simulated Universe World 3 for it’s ATK increase:
|Space Sealing Station
|(2) Increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, the wearer’s ATK increases by an extra 12%.
With following stats:
|Effect Hit Rate/ATK%
|Effect Hit Rate > ATK% = Speed
Best Team for Luka?
Despite his appearance as direct damage dealer, one of Luka’s significant sources of damage comes from bleeding damage over time effect. Therefore, it’s advisable to pair him with other characters who have similar damage over time mechanics.
When dealing with damage over time effects, Kafka is undoubtedly one of the best partners for Luka. Kafka’s skill effect that activates all damage over time debuffs enhances Luka’s bleeding effect even further. The key distinction between Luka and similar characters like Serval or Sampo is that she is strictly single target-focused and better suited for facing bosses.
Aside from that, remember to bring a support and a healer along with Luka. The support provides utility, while the healer ensures that no character goes down.
Team with Kafka
During battles, Luka only needs to use her skill on important targets. These targets are typically bosses or anyone with substantial HP. Afterward, you can use normal attacks to conserve Skill Points or use her skill on other targets.